SkinnyPop has partnered with Movemint Bike Cab for both ACL 2015 and SXSW 2016.
SkinnyPop was wanting to demonstrate that their popcorn was both delicious and a great low calorie treat, so we built custom signboards for them to decorate five pedicabs to look like giant popcorn bags. Then, our drivers were hired to provide free rides with those pedicabs and hand out sample bags of popcorn to their passengers and passersby.
In addition to the signboards, we created custom sample storage bags so our pedicabs could carry approximately 30 more sample bags. Even more samples were stored under the passenger seat, and in the handlebar-mounted coolers.
The samples were a huge hit! On more than one occasion, our pedicab drivers were mobbed at crosswalks by folks wanting popcorn. Just to keep up with demand, we had to double our supply of popcorn for each event day.
From our menu of advertising options they chose the following items:
- 5 fully wrapped pedicabs
- 5 drivers hired by the hour to distribute samples and free rides
- Branding the drivers with t-shirts
- 5 custom double height sign billboards
- Custom sampling storage bags for each bike
- Handlebar-mounted coolers to hold samples
- Custom signage for the handlebar-mounted coolers
- Wheel discs for each bike
Below are a few videos and photos of our pedicabs dressed up for the SkinnyPop campaign:
More photos of these campaigns can be seen on our Flickr page:
SkinnyPop 2015 & 2016 w/ Movemint Bike Cab
This post is a part of our “Food & restaurants” portfolio.